Remove Save Save
- Werken bij Boskalis Nederland
What are you looking for?
Remove Save Save
What do we promise?
- An adventureous job around the world
- Being part of the energy transition
- Contributing to one of a kind projects
Make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer at Gardline!
We are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to undertake high quality data and sample acquisition, management and interpretation of results and to collate the findings in a comprehensive field operations report. You will be working from our geotechnical drilling vessels.
This is a seagoing/offshore role, with a requirement to complete up to 200 days offshore per calendar year. Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
Your responsibilities include:
- Acquire and process high quality in situ and sampling data for geotechnical projects
- Manage quality control of acquired data and samples in accordance with client requirements and international standards
- Undertake offshore laboratory testing and soil/rock logging
- Data processing and preparation of results in accordance with industry standards and in-house processes
- Compile deliverables and factual geotechnical field reports
- Liaise with sub-contractors and clients as required
You can make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer if you have:
- A proven work history in offshore geotechnical data acquisition
- Tenacity, positivity and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Qualified to degree level in Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering
- Understanding of geotechnical properties of worldwide soil provinces, particularly soils of Northwest Europe and be familiar with and understand current industry standards and practices are desirable
- Team spirit and a 'can-do' attitude
- Self-discipline and a dedicated work ethic
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. Working at Gardline is about exploration. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower our staff to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual leave entitlement of 30 days, a salary sacrifice pension scheme*, access to private healthcare through Bupa* as well as cycle to work* and eye test schemes!**
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities, literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- You will be required to travel offshore, sometimes at short notice
- Where you will work: Onboard our multi-role drilling vessels, anywhere in the world where Gardline vessels operate
- Fulltime job: The position of Geotechnical Engineer is a fulltime role, based on 12 hour shift rotation whilst onboard
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Geotechnical Engineer. Please contact the Recruitment Team via
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.