Senior ROV Pilot Technician
Remove Save Save
- Werken bij Boskalis Nederland
What are you looking for?
Senior ROV Pilot Technician
Remove Save Save
What do we promise?
- An adventureous job around the world
- An international career
- Contributing to one of a kind projects
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Senior Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Pilot Technician at Boskalis subsea cables by being in charge of a challenging and complex piece of equipment. You will be operating and maintaining our Tracked cable burial trenchers or ploughs which are used to bury offshore power cables in offshore wind projects.
A Senior ROV Pilot Technician operates and controls the subsea movement of the vehicle from a surface control cabin, installed on a vessel. If you are looking for an adventurous profession, work in a non-standard environment on state-of-the-art electronic and hydraulic equipment as well as obtain more experience in what our subsea environment looks like and what happens there and you have the ambition to grow into a leadership role, this might be your opportunity.
Your responsibilities as Senior ROV Pilot Technician:
- Performing maintenance and/or repairs on the Trenching or Plough spreads on board our vessels and/or in our Boskalis Waalhaven Center.
- Launch, recovery and Operating the TROV or Plough from the remote control cabin on the surface, typically in poor visibility conditions.
- Operating equipment, such as Jetting and/or Mechanical cutting devices, cameras, sonars, navigation, etc., as well as interpreting the various displays and data being obtained from the various sensors installed.
- Assisting in completing reports, administration and preparation of technical procedures (daily reports, work procedures, Risk analysis, permits, etc.) and/or reports.
- Planning, Safe execution and registration of Planned Maintenance and/or repair tasks in accordance with company procedures.
- Being part of the offshore project team you know how to communicate efficiently on different levels.
You can move ahead as a Senior ROV Pilot Technician if you have:
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working with electronics, hydraulics and/or mechanics.
- Experience with Jetting/mechanical Trenching and/or Ploughing is required.
- Education (bachelor's) degree in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering.
- A team player mentality whilst displaying leadership tendencies.
- The willingness to travel globally (on a flexible rotational base, work on location for some weeks, followed by a similar amount of weeks' leave, mostly).
- Good communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English.
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment : A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary with a 1:1 rotation schedule you will receive a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will be part of the Offshore team of Boskalis Subsea Cables, potentially working on various vessels and/or Trenching and Ploughing systems together with our teams offshore.
- Where you will work: On flexible rotations, offshore across the world on different projects or in our shoreside facilities in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Full/part-time job: The position of Senior ROV Pilot Technician is a full-time job, with a flexible offshore rotation.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it's clear we're a good match, we'll make you an offer - and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects
Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We're involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
|rov pilot technician
|onbekend – onbekend
|Uren per week:
|1 – 40
Heb je interesse in deze vacature en wil je graag op deze functie solliciteren? Neem dan contact op met Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster via onbekend of onbekend. Of bezoek hun website onbekend.